Visit the website eBizMBA and you'll find lists of the top website for almost anything: gossip, business, video games, travel - anything, including the top 20 most popular blogs. Of those 20, the top five are:
Have you ever visited one of these blogs? Each of them has the following characteristics: a distinguishable logo, an obvious theme, millions of followers, and lots of pictures, videos, and articles. But anyone can create a blog with all these characteristics! Well, maybe minus the millions of followers.
For most people their blog is a personal journal + multimedia. One year ago, I started my own blog. I uploaded pictures of the apartment my husband and I just moved into, a few wedding photos, and followed with a few of my own comments, or "Posts." Every once in a while I post about our new puppy, new recipes, and vacations. Then friends of mine who are invited to my blog can write a comment about my post.
So what's the point? I've asked a few people why they have a blog and here's what they've said:
Sarah Haynie, blogger for 2 years said,"[I blog] so family that are far away can see pictures and read about what's going on in my life."
Noelle Murray, blogger also for 2 years said, "I have a blog to keep me in touch with old friends and to meet new friends. It keeps family updated on new milestones of my daughter...also, it keeps me sane on lonely days! I feel like its also a great way to share and learn from one another's talents."
Besides being able to keep people updated on your life, blogs offer unlimited space to add countless posts, images, and videos. They will last as long as blogspot.com lasts. And if you want a hard copy of your blogging in the past year, print it out and bind it in a book.
So what's your reason to blog?
Don't have one yet - go to blogspot.com, follow the step-by-step directions, Google any questions you have, check out your friends and friend's friends blogs to get creative ideas - and start blogging!
Ashley
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment